Saturday, January 22, 2011

a day in the life of Tena

here i sit on my bed with my cat at my feet, my laptop where he belongs, on my lap, my stomach growling because once again i have not eaten a thing today and the memories of what the world hold all slamming into me at once. Mostly memories and thoughts of my oldest sister and her kids. whom i love very much.

today my memories consist of my second to youngest niece Boo' Bear as i will refer to her here. even though her birthday wa sin december i am lazily getting ready to attend her 2'o'clock borthday party that is almost a month late. I do not get to see my nieces and nephew very off but i do miss them terribly. I often times remember the fun i had watching them grow up when they lived next door to me.

My Nephew, my little Power Ranger. i remember when he was born. i was seven and my older sister was still living with us because his father was a jerk and she did not want to live with him. i remember i would take him to the side of the house, as soon as he was old enough to pay attention, and i would teach him about the large trees and plants on the side of the house. how to properly tend to a tree and how you should be nice to the plants. then when we moved and he became my neighbor i would play power rangers with him and we would kick the soccer ball back and forth for hours upon hours. we never got tired of playing soccer.

Then there is my Mini me..my first Niece. i don't remember much of her birth...i remember she liked to get into my stuff and would often times ruin my play make-up, which i had probably already ruined. she would often ocme up with crazy stories that never made enough sense to be real. and yet i loved to watch movies with her. she looked just like i did as a small child. straight jet black hair. boyish figure. oh how she had grown up. she had curves like no other and the personality that would kick ass off any jersylicious girl. she has the spirit of a fighter and a lover. she can be both sweet and a pain in the ass at once. she really is my mini me

then there is my boo-bear. she is the hardest to describe. she is a brat and a drama queen and often times i wonder where she gets it from. i blame her father. she stubborn to all hell and will often tease you if for say i want a hug and she'll tease me by not giving me one and hugging everyone else. then when no one is looking she'll sneak me a hug and be that sweet little girl that i remember. where every time i returned home from school she would come running up the driveway screaming my name and leap into my arms to give me a big welcome home hug. how i miss those hugs.

My sweet and beautiful niece i will call an angel. she is truly a blessing. her eyes a bright blue and they hold so much faith in those around her and so much happiness. she is the sweetest and one of the most beautiful baby girls i know. she is also the one i am most conscious around. she has many difficulties do to some mental disabilities and some physical ones as well. but aside form that she is truly a site to behold. she is my Little Leo girl. i am honored to share a zodiac sign with such a beautiful little one.

and finally there is their mother. my older sister. to whom i love and have many memories of growing up. i now days feel bad that as a child my goal in life was to be better then her. to not have kids before i was married or to not get involved with the wrong crowd. I love my older sister and i am so proud of how much she has grown up since my youngest niece was born. she has truly become a women i am proud to call my sister. due to the 12 year age difference we never really got to bond much. i would say i am not extremely close to my oldest sister but as of recently i have grown to admire her for all of her flaws and her perfections

i don't know how this became a description of my oldest sisters family when originally i was speaking of my Boo-Bear but i like how this post turned out.. i don't see them very often so often times the only thing i have left is the memories of them growing up living next door. to this day it is almost depressing when i walk down the driveway and i don';t hear my name screamed for all the world to hear as i receive a wonderful hug. i hope today i shall receive such a hug from my little Boo-bear. for that single hug was something i took for granted and i miss terribly.

Sincerely- tena

5 comments:

  1. This is a great insight to your life. I can tell you really love your family. I wish my family was close like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do you think we adopted you silly goose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is the "Tena" I have heard so much about. I am trusting you that you are keeping my girl out of trouble while I am out on my adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tena, ignore him. I can keep myself out of trouble just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is that why i always have to save your ass when you are in trouble? XD I kid Love you! and yes i am The Tena. the one and only. XD welcome to my brain.

    ReplyDelete